One Pot Pesto Chicken Penne
A campsite luxury, this dish melts in your mouth and satifies all sorts of appetites. Try it and it will quickly earn a place on your camping menu rotation......
Servings 4 people
- 8 oz penne pasta whole wheat
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- ⅓ cup pesto genoese
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 oz cream cheese Note: look for 1oz tubes to make this easy.
- 1/4 cup mozarella cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp sundried tomatoes julienned
- salt and pepper to taste
Coat chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 4 minutes each side. Slice and place in a cast iron pan.
Add garlic to pan with chicken. Cook for 1 minute. Add spinach and sautee until wilted. Add penne and stir to slightly toast.
Add chicken broth and milk. Close lid or cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring halfway.
Stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese. Toss with sundried tomoatoes and serve.