Call it what you will: a crustless quiche, a fritatta and many other names but this easy, hip-pocket recipe will get you up and going on a cool camp morning.
A quick, delicious crusless quiche recipe that is versatile and easy to remember
Servings 6 people
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup shredded cheese, cheddar or jack
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz pork or turkey bacon
- 3 scallions, whites and tops separated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Crack eggs into a large bowl and mix in half and half, cheese, scallion tops, mustard powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In an oven proof frying pan, saute bacon and scallion bottoms (whites) in olive oil until crispy. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon and green onions and bake in oven for about 35 minutes until set but still a littel jiggly in the center. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and enjoy with some pita and fresh fruit.
I’m always looking for breakfast ideas that can be whipped up and left to cook. This recipe requires a little prep and some sauteeing but after that the lovely propane oven in your GeoPro or other camper will do the rest. I also love the versatility of this recipe. I can mix in other things that I have or sautee up some zucchini or squash and add to it and I don’t have to change a thing. You can also swap out cheeses. I’ve made it many times now and I don’t think any of them have been exactly the same.
1 thought on “Crustless Quiche”
Am going to try this at home and if I can manage, try it in the camper.